Friday, March 22, 2013

Sewing Directory Meet up.

Hello darling friends,

If I calculate the amount of miles I done just to be with other amazing creatives in mets up, we all would get a huge surprise. Maybe in my yearly review? 

Saturday before my trip home, I went as far as Exeter for Sewing Directory first meet up. I don't need to tell you how much fun It was.. 30 of us getting together, for some english paper piecing, cake and chatter.


I had the pleasure to finally meet Fi from Sewing Directory and Kerry, from Very Kerry Berry, who I long admired.

Guess who else I met? Dottiedoodle  and her sweet friend Sue (pictured above... Sue.. I'm your fan!) and a few of my blog readers. 

GOSH, this is the first time I get approached by readers that read my blog quietly (Hello Elaine & friend) to say they read my blog and take part of my swaps. They even had their project photo ready to show me... 

Made my day! 

Ok, I chatted all day, but in the end I actually had something made ...


MrsC, Can you spot the lovely scissors in my stitch traveling box? Thank you.. they are wonderful!

Next Sewing Directory meet up is in London, who else is coming?

19 comments:

  1. Ahhh man! I have something else equally fun 'n' sewy-related planned that day & I shan't be in London... but I've bookmarked that website so I can learn about future meet-up dates (so thanks for sharing Rachel :) !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot wait for us to catch up on the meet up in the v&a

      Delete
    2. Me too - loads to chat about :) :)!

      Delete
  2. What fun... Thank you for sharing your photos of all the fun with us..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We need meet-ups like this in my area (Florida, USA). It looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sewing Directory meet up is on April 27th and yours is on April 20th.

    But I'm going to be in London (for the first time ever!) from April 1-6! Does anybody want to be our unofficial tour guide to the fabric stores? :) My friend and I would tip well, with some sunshine and hugs all the way from California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally offer but I'm still in Brasil til mid April

      Delete
    2. Too bad! Definitely have a wonderful time on holiday while I am in your neck of the woods having my own vacation! :)

      Delete
  5. It was lovely to meet you - and glad to hear you've joined Sue's fan club - there are lots of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Are you going to make a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping to make into a pincushion for my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squeee! They are perfect for paper piecing, so olde fashioned looking like this very olde technique. It looks like the loveliest time ever, wonderful stuff xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was lovely to meet you and admire your handiwork. Hope you are enjoying your visit home and perhaps we will see you at the next Exeter get together.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I love your little quilt block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like immense fun. Love your quilting. I keep meaning to do some hand piecing. Perhaps I ought to assemble a kit-to-go just for this purpose. And of course, I am soooo excited about the April meet up!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and delicate......

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!