Thursday, January 05, 2012

Guest Post: Jenny & V8556

Let me introduce you to Jenny. She is one of nine ladies that I have the pleasure to sew with at Rochester Burda Sytle Sewing Club .
Jenny made this amazing dress and I asked her to review the pattern so others can get as inspired as we did at the club.Although Jenny is new to sewing, difficult fabrics and patterns don't stop this talented lady.

Jenny and her boyfriend 

Pattern Review - Vogue Pattern V8556


Time to make: 3 days /or/ 15 hours
Difficulty: Advanced
Material: Turquoise Satin
Event: Summer Ball


Difficulty:
This dress was much more challenging than I thought it would be.  My sewing skills are moderate and I had only made ‘easy’ dresses up til now.


Material:
The satin was tricky to work with and the pattern was the most difficult I had done so far.


Pattern Construction:
The pattern construction is rather technically demanding – as I find is the case with most Vogue patterns.


Fit:
The draped midriff and the bias skirt make this dress very flattering.


Sizing:
It came up a tad small for me even though I had used my exact measurements but it still fitted and looked lovely on the night.

Thank you Jenny, at the club we cannot wait to see your 4 bridesmaids dresses you making for your dad's wedding in 1 month.

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. She is indeed one talented clever young lady! She certainly is jumping in feet first into the sewing circle - congratulate her on such an outstanding effort...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. Im posting it on our club page !

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that dress is absolutely gorgeous! I love the ruching and the neckline! And the colour is so lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, what a beautiful dress.Love the color.. You and boyfriend look fantastic..Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny your dress looks brilliant! Well done!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog got a great review in the emag "crafteroo!" http://www.crafteroo.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,8955.0.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful dress, well done. great colour!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!