Friday, November 18, 2011

Sew Weekly Challenge:Pin up



The Facts


Fabric: Light weight wool
Patterns: Cynthia Rowley Tulip Skirt 2512 – A&B- no belt.
Notions: 7 Inc zipper and matching thread
Time to complete: It was cut and left unfinished for a multitude of sins ( was my 2nd skirt-2009) but I decided to spend a hour on it and Its ok. I cannot re cut so I had to do with what I had.
First worn: 2011

Wear again?  Yes. I love tulip skirts
Total Cost: £8 a metre. I bought a total of (1 metre 30 cm. )
Review: It’s a great pattern because It's so simple and I definitively recommend to have a winter version

Style: Ted Baker shoes, Vintage fur belt and Dorethy Perkins Velvet dress!

Sorry for the photos this week, Its too cold outside!
This worked well for my winter plan .

12 comments:

  1. I like how you chose to style your skirt, the blue velvet top compliments it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tulip Skirt definitely is your style. The skirt and entire outfit looks great! It's a good addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!! Such a great ensemble!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skirt on you. It really suits your body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Tulip skirts did work well with my growing waist ad my diet is not working . Its a great shape skirt ! I love sewing things that can be styled well as I want to take the most use of it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel.
    Love your skirt..Looks fantastic on you. Love the color too.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your support and praise comments are so special and I treasure your opinions! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you look dynamite in that outfit! I love the fabric combo.  Would you like to post  a photo link to your blog on my Sew & Tell Saturday linky party at my blog this Saturday? Its geared specifically for sewing projects and its fun to discover new blogs and get some new visitors to our own blog this way.
    Justine @
     Sew Country Chick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice skirt it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!