Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sew Weekly Challenge: Do Over McCall’s 6028

"Don't look further for answers: be the solution. You were born with everything you need to know. Make a promise to stop getting in the way of the blessing that you are. Take a deep breath, remember to have fun, and begin. " Jonathan H. Ellerby

Dress Facts:

Fabric: Poly Cotton from Hometown

Pattern: McCall’s 6028

Notions: 24 Inc zipper and matching thread

Time to complete: 4 hours

First worn: 2011

Wear again? This is my second time trying this pattern. Shifts are very versatile and I feel I can make many more of those.

Total Cost: £10

Pattern alterations or any design changes: Same as previous with FBA .This time I made the pattern shorter. I used the same size (a bit loose last time) but It very accommodating to the extra stone I put on this year.  

Conclusion:  Making this pattern for the second time just consolidates the way I feel about this pattern, it’s timeless and the variations make a good choice for sewist that don’t want to draft their own variations.
I would recommend again and again!

Style with: Zara Belt, Dorothty Perkins Coat, Pumps from River Island



The 1st dress:


 Lots of Love, xx

15 comments:

  1. You are right Rachel, this is a gorgeous, timeless pattern. You look fab and I like your styling, you could change the look of this very easily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. The first dress is very striking and this second dress is classic and versatile. A TNT pattern for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote at the beginning! This dress is just fabulous...I don't know which I like better--your first version or this one! Both equally chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such uniquely gorgeous dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dresses! I love the blue/black combo! I keep thinking about doing one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Debi, both are equally awesome dresses, just depending on your mood! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel
    I really liked the first one.. But I must say.. this one is fantastic..Looks great on you..
    And the pop of color[belt]...was a great idea...
    Happy sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dress - I'm loving both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic dresses! You look super stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job Rachel! I love that brilliant blue color on you. Can you link up at my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear friends, your comments are so heart warming... Thank you.

    I dont know what version I like the most. I think the linen one is my favourite because I learned so much making it. Revisiting a pattern really give you the opportunity to see how much ability one has grown too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of your dresses! Makes me kind of wish I was a dress person - you've done classic & made it uniquely you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving them both. Love the red styling :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both your first and second dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!