Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cris & Burda 8123

Hi Girls, Cris is busy making her Autumn wardrobe . Doesn't she looks lovely on this tweed number.


Here is the pattern review:

Fabric: Tweed – C&H Maidstone

Pattern: Size 8, Burda 8123

Notions: zipper (14 inc) + matching tread

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I think yes. I would make a bit fitted next time

Were the instructions easy to follow?
This was my 1st ever dress so I would say this is a great beginner’s pattern and one I always come back to it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No alterations needed for me. I am lucky that most patterns dont require alterations.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I do recommend this pattern if ,you like me, have an athletic shape. Its also simple and easy to sew.

Time to complete:  3 hours

Wear again? Yes and will sew it again.

Total Cost : Used 1,20 metres - £4 metre

Review: I love this pattern for its simplicity. Its also great for layering!

Thanks for your review, Cris... I cannot wait to see what are you sewing next!

See you tomorrow , xx

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, your friend , did an excellent job on her dress. [tell her, she should have seen my first dress..it had to go to the garbage can.lol]
    Beautiful dress..
    Isnt it nice to have a sewing friend?
    Happy sewing to you both,

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did! If you go to the TAB ' Cris' you will see all she been making ! Its fantastic to have a friend that sew and even more from the same country ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dress! Chris looks terrific wearing it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!