Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cris & New Look 6203



Here are the Facts:
Fabric: Medium weight silky polyester
Pattern: size 8 (UK) New Look 6203 style "E"
Notions: Chinese Buttons + matching thread
Time to complete:  Long 15 hours or more
First worn:  Brazil 2010
Wear again? Yes,not in Brazil as the fabric is quite warm. I always wanted a Chinese style garment, more a dress than a top but I am happy with this.
Total Cost: £12 a metre used 1, 5 metres
Alterations: I normally don’t have many alterations but I needed to make the yoke and front smaller so I added a dart, also because the pattern didn’t have a zipper I added extra side seam (half an inc) and 1,5 in on the hem .Also didn’t used “tie end” of the pattern ( The little bow at the back.)
Review: I love the finish item but hate the process. The fabric was a headache because it frayed so much and still does on the finish blouse; I love the variety of the pattern and looked forward to do the dress after the blouse but not anymore. I love the final look and feel very proud but I am too beginner for this pattern and don’t recommend if you are too. Although all bad things said, I felt so proud of  it.






Lots of Love, Cris

3 comments:

  1. I love the color and the style. I know that it is a hard fabric to sew but it worth it!!! Congratulations Cris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top looks great on you and yes it is a hard fabric to sew, I have lots of it in my disaster basket.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a beginner you did an amazing job, well done! I love the fabric- although they do fray like crazy. I'm going to try this pattern soon wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!